Last month we announced bepress Archive, a new service that offers real-time archiving for all your files. Today we’re happy to say that it’s ready to roll! Read on to learn more about the service and how to get started.
While all content on Digital Commons and SelectedWorks is protected by a secure infrastructure that includes multiple backups and cloud storage with Amazon Glacier, you’ve told us that you would also like more flexible options for preserving your content. We’ve partnered with Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), an industry standard provider of preservation solutions, to offer bepress Archive, which allows us to create that flexibility and option for customers who would like to receive a copy of their own content.
- Bepress Archive provides a real-time, mirror archive of all your published content, plus all supplemental files (published and hidden) and metadata records. When you publish a file on Digital Commons or SelectedWorks, it gets pushed to Amazon S3 just minutes later.
- If you revise a file or a metadata record, that revision gets pushed to the archive as well.
- The structure on the Amazon S3 archive mirrors your own publication hierarchy, so navigating to individual files is simple and intuitive.
- Checksum on ingest: After a file is sent from the bepress platform to S3, Amazon performs a data integrity check to ensure that the file residing on S3 matches the original file exactly.
- Amazon S3 is designed to provide 99.999999999% durability of files. The service performs checksums on data uploaded to the service and repairs any corruption using redundant data.
- You always have access to your own copy of your content.
- In order to get started with bepress Archive, you’ll first have to sign up for an account with Amazon. It’s a simple and affordable process, and you can get more specifics in our Getting Started with bepress Archive reference document.
If you are interested in getting started or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.