Several members of the Digital Commons community will be speaking at the upcoming Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana. See links for more information.
- Stephanie Davis-Kahl, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Illinois Wesleyan University, will be presenting on “Information Literacy and Scholarly Communication: Mutually Exclusive or Naturally Symbiotic?” The session convenes Thursday, April 11, 2013 8am – 9am.
- Stephanie Davis-Kahl, Scholarly Communications Librarian, Illinois Wesleyan University; Isaac Gilman, Scholarly Communications and Research Services Librarian, Pacific University; and Michael Seeborg, Robert S. Eckley Distinguished Professor of Economics, Illinois Wesleyan University, will be speaking on “Library Publishing and Undergraduate Education: Strategies for Collaboration.” The session convenes Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:30am – 11:30am.
- Richard Clement, Dean of Libraries at Utah State University, Stephanie Davis-Kahl, Scholarly Communications Librarian at Illinois Wesleyan University, and Charles Watkinson, Director and Head of Purdue Libraries’ Scholarly Publishing Services at Purdue University, will be participating in the bepress sponsored panel, “Library as Publisher: Articulating the Impact.” The session convenes on Thursday, April 11, 2013 from 3:00 – 4:30pm. To RSVP, please email email@example.com.
- Micah Vandegrift, Scholarly Communication Librarian, Florida State University, will be speaking on “From the Periphery into the Mainstream: Library DIY culture(s) and the academy.” The session convenes Thursday April 11 3pm – 4pm.
- Doug Way, Head of Collections and Scholarly Communications, Grand Valley State University Libraries, will be speaking on “A Data-Driven Deselection Approach for Managing Low-Use Print Materials.” The session convenes April 12, 2013 4pm – 5pm.
- Emily Asch, Head of Technical Services, St. Catherine University, will be speaking on “Not Just the Means to an End: Repositories, Marketing, and Development.” The session convenes April 13, 2013 9:45am – 10:45am.
If you would like us to share your upcoming speaking engagements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.